Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bend Pet Parade

Two nice horses taking part in the parade, ridden by two cowgirls
Yesterday was a very special day for all animal-lovers, and the furry animals had their day in the streets of my parish in Bend, as a big parade took place in downtown Bend. These photos are just a few of those I took while mingling with local folks. It felt like the blessing of animals I do on the feast of St Francis of Assisi as thousands of dogs, horses, cats, turkeys, ducks, snakes, lizards, parrots, goats and others that I may have missed took to the streets of Bend in a most colorful and crowded parade. 
Yet I was surprised how no marching bands, no veterans, nothing whatsoever that reflects the freedom that we cherish was visible. The only hint was a solitary flag-bearer in the very beginning of the parade. Nonetheless during my morning Mass I prayed for the gift of freedom we have in our country and remembered the members of our military who are in harm’s way, far away from the peace and tranquility we experience in our midst.
Is it a lion? or is it a dog with a mane?
A tiny dog flying away with balloons

No comments:

Post a Comment