Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Quotes from St Therese

St Therese of Lisieux (1873-1897) - canonized in 1925
These are some quotes from St Therese of Lisieux, whose feast is celebrated today. For a brief biography, search the post I used last year, October 1, 2012.

“The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

“Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.”

“For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.”

“I know now that true charity consists in bearing all our neighbors' defects - not being surprised at their weakness, but edified at their smallest virtues.”

“God would never inspire me with desires which cannot be realized; so in spite of my littleness, I can hope to be a saint.”

No comments:

Post a Comment