Monday, September 30, 2013

Healed and Whole


One day I dug a little hole and put my hurt inside.
I thought that I could just forget I’d put it there to hide.

But that little hurt began to grow – I covered it every day.
I couldn’t leave it and go on – it seemed the price I had to pay.

My joy was gone, my heart was sad, pain was all I knew.
My wounded soul enveloped me – loving seemed too hard to do.

One day, while standing by my hole, I cried to God above,
And said, “If you are really there – they say You’re a God of Love!”

And just like that – he was right there, and just put His arms around me,
He wiped my tears, His hurting child – there was no safer place to be.

I told him all about my hurt, I opened up my heart.
He listened to each and every word, to every painful part.

I dug down deep and got my hurt, I brushed the dirt away –
And placed it in the Master’s hand and healing came that day.

He took the blackness of my soul, and set my spirit FREE !
Something beautiful began to grow where the hurt used to be.

And when I look at what has grown out of my tears and pain,
I remember every day to give my hurts to Him, and never bury them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment