Friday, April 13, 2012

My notice board from the 1990s

 Back between 1991 and 1996, I was stationed in St Anthony of Padua parish in Rocky Point, on Long Island, NY, and adjacent to the church, there was a notice-board, some people called it a Marquee. One of the duties that I took upon myself was to change the message on this notice board, actually two messages, one on each side. Since it was located on a busy street, and there were only four lines to fill in, I had to keep my messages short, but effective nonetheless. Occasionally there were some notices about services, events taking place, etc, but most of the time, the space was left for my quotes. 
Here are some interesting quotes I used over the years. I always looked for catchy verses, funny and witty at times, but clear and to the point, besides being thought -provoking.
Doubt sees obstacles - Faith sees the Way.
Are you going the wrong way? God allows U-Turns.
If we take care of today, God will take care of tomorrow.
The family that prays together stays together.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP......Now do you know your prayers?
No God, No peace - Know God, Know Peace.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

And the most popular one was:
Love your enemies...and you’ll drive them nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment