Sunday, January 24, 2016

Wisdom from the world of sport

Vince Lombardi - Green Bay Packers coach
Winners never quit, and quitters never win.                   - Vince Lombardi, Football Coach

I have always struggled to achieve excellence. One thing that cycling has taught me is that if you can achieve something without a struggle it’s not going to be satisfying.                     

         - Greg LeMond, Cyclist

Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points.         

       - Knute Rockne, Football Coach

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
        - Jim Valvano, Basketball Coach


If I were to say, “God, why me?” about the bad things, then I should have said, “God, why me?” about the good things that happened in my life.                     

      - Arthur Ashe, Tennis Player

A total commitment is paramount to reaching the ultimate in performance.                                       - Tom Flores, Football Coach

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.                -Lou Holtz, Football Coach

You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.
       - Steve Garvey, Baseball Player

I want to be remembered as a ballplayer who gave all he had to give.       

         - Roberto Clemente, Baseball Player

One chance is all you need.            - Jesse Owens, Olympian

Success is not forever, and failure isn’t fatal.                   - Don Shula, Football Coach

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was one hundred percent effort you gave – win or lose.                                           - Gordie Howe, Hockey Player

No comments:

Post a Comment