Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Pumpkin Prayer

Dear Jesus, as I carve my pumpkin, help me pray this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn about You (cut the top of the pumpkin)

Take all my sins away and forgive the wrong that I do (clean out the inside, yucky stuff means serious sins, every seed means every “No” we said)

Open my eyes so that I can see Your love for me (carve two hearts for the two eyes)


I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned up my nose at what you’ve given to me.
(cut a nose in the shape of a cross)

Open my ears so Your word I will hear. (cut ears shaped like a Bible – square)

The finished Prayer Pumpkin on the right
Open my mouth to tell others You’re near. (cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)

Let your light shine in all I say and do. AMEN (Place a candle inside and light it)

Ask God to fill you up so He can shine brightly through you. Share your faith with your friends and neighbors as you tell them about your special pumpkin.

2 comments:

  1. I wish this was a printable pattern. I would like to use it with my preschool class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. We will be praying this as we carve ours

    ReplyDelete