Monday, January 21, 2013

Bald Eagles


To coincide with the Presidential inauguration today, being that the bald eagle is part of the coat-of-arms of the President of the USA, I share with you today three photos of bald eagles I took just yesterday, along the Powder River, on my way from Halfway after celebrating my mission Mass there. Being that all the rivers and lakes were frozen, and food was hard to find, eagles were on the lookout for anything that moves, so that they can jump on it and devour it. 

So all along the road, I saw at least 8 different bald eagles, all of them waiting patiently for anything that is appetizing. Some were at a distance, but these two were close enough to capture them on my camera. They may appear similar, but their expressions are different, as they look around and survey the area, including the intruding photographer. But then again, bald eagles tend to like bald priests!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the shots... all I seem to come across are wild turkeys and hawks! 8 eagles to see, how special for you.

    ReplyDelete