Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friends I meet along the way


4 deer in Keating, OREGON

In my travels, I always have my camera with me, and on many occasions I meet many feathered and 4-legged friends whom I photograph, usually from inside my car. Many of them get scared if anyone approaches them, but the majority stay pretty calm as I take their photo from my car. The above photo taken in Keating shows four friendly deer inquisitively looking at me, and wondering if I was going to shoot them, as many of their friends experience at this time of the year. Luckily for them I shot them with my camera, and now their photo is on the Internet for everyone around the world to see and admire.
Antelope in Mitchell, OREGON

This is a group of antelope grazing in a field close to Mitchell, just 4 of a herd of around 40, most of whom scattered away when they saw me slow down in my car. They are also called pronghorns, because of the curved horns they grow. I've seen herds with as many as 80 to 100 antelopes in different areas.
Bald Eagle in Dayville, OREGON

This is an unusual sight of a bald eagle perched on a tree, just finishing her lunch, probably of a mouse or a sage-rat. They are a common sight in Eastern Oregon between January and March, but I was surprised to see one in the middle of October. Since she had some food, she stayed on the branch long enough for me to take at least 12 photos, and she only took off when two ravens approached her, probably to share some of the food she was munching on. I encountered her in the Dayville area. All these friends were in Eastern Oregon. From time to time I will share with you other photos of friends I come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment