Thursday, November 19, 2015

Three Prayers

Grant me o God, a mind to know you, a heart to seek you, wisdom to find you, conduct pleasing to you, faithful perseverance in waiting for you, and a hope to finally embracing you. Amen. (St Thomas Aquinas)

Jesus, open the eyes of my heart, that I may hear your word and understand and do your will. Open the eyes of my mind to the understanding of your Gospel teaching. Speak to me the hidden and secret things of your wisdom. Enlighten my mind and understanding with the light of your knowledge, not only to cherish those things that are written, but to do them. Amen. (St. John Chrysostom)

 
Helper of those who turn to you, light of those in the dark, creator of all that grows from seed, promoter of all spiritual growth, have mercy, Lord, on me and make me a temple fit for yourself. In your great mercy, in your boundless compassion, wash away my sins, through Jesus Christ our Lord, your only child, the truly holy, the chief of our souls’ healers. Amen
(An early Christian Prayer)


No comments:

Post a Comment