Tuesday, June 12, 2012

7 years in Baker City

Inside St Francis De Sales Cathedral, Christmas 2010

Today I conclude my 7th year here at the Cathedral in Baker City. Tomorrow I'll start my 8th year and hope to spend a few more years here, as long as the Bishop allows me. It has been a pleasant and spiritually-enriching experience for me personally, as it's been for the parishioners I met, both here in Baker City, as well as my mission churches of Unity, North Powder and Halfway, the last of which is still within our parish boundaries.

I pray that I can continue to serve my people and encourage them to to participate as fully and as enthusiastically as they can in the life of this parish. After leading the renovation project to coincide with the Cathedral's centennial in 2008, I am always happy to welcome visitors, new coverts and parishioners who have returned back to their second home. The Cathedral parish has served many needy families and will continue to be an example of faith, prayer and sincere commitment from everyone who has become a part of my own family. 
On my arrival on June 13, 2005

I am forever grateful for the Staff, members of various organizations, and ministers who serve at our celebrations, especially when the bishop is here during Holy Week, Christmas, ordinations, confirmations and other diocesan events. I look forward to welcome our new bishop Liam Cary on the weekend of June 30 and July 1, as he visits our cathedral for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary, Father Julian, and THANK YOU so much! I cannot imagine such a sacrifice as leaving your homeland, especially leaving a country whose people have so fully integrated their faith into their daily lives, and who celebrate it so joyfully and beautifully. And each time you have to leave after a visit must truly tug at your heart.

    We in eastern Oregon as so blessed by you, who so fully see and show us God in all aspects of life. Your love of people, music, art, wildlife, technology of it all communicates His love so concretely to us that it adds a tremendous joy to each of our days. I thank God for His gift to us of you, especially because the person you are made it so much easier for me to return home to God. May He bless you "seventy times seven" of all that you give to others. Thank you so much for coming to minister to and live with us.

    Eileen from Halfway

    ReplyDelete