Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two pillars of the church

Impressive statue of St Peter outside his Basilica in Rome
Tomorrow we celebrate the feast of the apostles Peter and Paul, and in their honor I share with you today some photos I took during my recent visit to Rome. Two of the most impressive Basilicas are actually St. Peter’s at the Vatican and San Paolo fuori le mura, and I share some photos of the statues of these two pillars of the Church.

Statue of St Paul at San Paolo fuori le mura
13th century bronze statue by Arnolfo di Cambio
Another St Paul statue in San Paolo fuori le mura
For more Rome and Vatican photos check my parish website in the home page by simply clicking on this link     St Francis De Sales Cathedral Parish

1 comment:

  1. Father Julian,

    I am looking for a picture of St. Peter to use in an invitation for a fundraiser in my parents' church in Tracy, California ---- St. Bernard Catholic Church. Would you give me permission to use the photo?

    ReplyDelete