Monday, February 8, 2016

Morning Beauty and Evening Gratitude

Last Friday I experienced two positive extremes. In the morning I witnessed a beautiful sunrise, made even more prettier with the framing I used to take this photo, near our new parish church, just before the children started to arrive for school. Sunrises are always spectacular here in Eastern Oregon, and with my camera always at hand, I’m always on the lookout for the sun to rise, and when a few clouds are around, the day greets everyone with a message of beauty, joy and happiness.
Then in the evening as I walked through downtown Bend during the First Friday art walk, I noticed a girl on the other side of the street with a sign that says simply “What are you grateful for?” Many people slowed down and yelled something positive and encouraging. Two other girls were singing a playing a guitar besides her, possibly a team effort to attract people. What am I grateful for: well, fruit and my flute, my health and my home here in Bend, strawberries and sandals, watercolors and snowy winters, my faith and my family, soups and stews (especially the ones I make,) photography and calligraphy, IPods and IPads, and much much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment