Monday, October 14, 2013

Last Mass at the Cathedral


During my homily at my last Cathedral Mass in Baker City
Yesterday was an emotional day for me as I celebrated my last official Mass at the Cathedral, which has been my home for the past 8 years and 4 months. Since it was a Marian Day, proclaimed by Pope Francis, I used the white Marian vestment, and during the Mass I consecrated the parish to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, as Pope Francis did from the Vatican. A very nice crowd attended both the morning Mass, the Saturday evening Mass and my last Mass at my mission church in Halfway, and I hope to post some photos from there in my post tomorrow.

During the Eucharistic Prayer, with Deacon Jim Watt

I will of course return to the Cathedral for the annual Chrism Mass, a week before Holy Thursday, but it will certainly look different next time, since over the past 8 years I was always behind the scenes to make sure everything goes well and greet the bishops and priests to the Rectory and to the Cathedral, for the consecration of the sacred oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment