Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bend's historic church

The historic church of St. Francis of Assisi, Bend, OREGON

This is a photo of one of my new churches in my parish in Bend. The first one is a historic church in downtown Bend, which also has the rectory next to it. I was told it was built at the same time as our Cathedral, a little over 100 years ago, but I will have to verify this. Daily Mass is said in this church, as well as funerals and weddings. Incidentally I have a wedding scheduled there next Saturday. Most of the weekend Masses are held in the new church, which I will share with you tomorrow, but there is an afternoon Sunday Mass in this historic church. 
 I will be able to take a few more photos myself over the next few weeks and share them with you, but at least you can get a glimpse of what it looks like inside, from a contributed photo.

Over the next week, my posts may be late or missing altogether, since I will be on the move, busy packing and eventually leaving Baker City for Bend this Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment