Friday, October 9, 2015

Back to blogging

As you all know, I hate to miss one single day of blogging and sharing something inspirational. After a brief visit to San Francisco with my brother and his wife, and this week's Clergy Assembly with all the priests, where Internet access was limited, I'm back to sharing my daily post. Tomorrow the photos will return and these will be also posted on the parish Facebook page, which was not possible for me to do the past few days. But as they say 'absence makes the heart grows fonder' and so all my friends who faithfully check this blog and the Facebook link will appreciate this service even more.

During our Clergy Assembly, I shared with my fellow priests a more personal way of saying the Rosary, precisely on the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, October 7. This is what I called the Diocesan Rosary. Bishop Cary liked the idea so much that we actually prayed the Diocesan Rosary together in the afternoon. I will share with everyone the method of this Rosary, but it basically connects all the parishes and missions of our Diocese in a very spiritual and intimate way. What it involves is simply dedicating each of the 50 Hail Mary's to each parish and its missions, besides our neighboring Dioceses, our 6 Bishops and other organizations that make an important part of our parishes. Stay tuned.....next week I will share the whole line-up of prayers to be said before each Hail Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment