Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Love affair in Rome

When I visited Rome in May 2012, I came back with over 3000 photos. I have shared a few of them on this blog, but there are others which I plan to show you in the future. As one can imagine, the Roman skyline is always dominated by domes and steeples. One day I was above Piazza del Popolo (The People’s Square) and was focusing on a typical dome-dotted skyline, when all of a sudden a pigeon appeared in my viewfinder. Lo and behold, another pigeon landed next to the first one, and it was obvious that they were a male and female. I followed their love affair by taking one photo after another, getting also a bird’s eye view of Rome. 
Unfortunately, the last two photos are not fit for publication, although you can only imagine what happened at the end of this public display of avian affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment