Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Waiting for the cops

There's a guy from Ireland driving through Europe and an English guy driving in the opposite direction.  Early one morning with no other cars on the road they hit each other head on and both cars were severely damaged.  The Irish fellow manages to climb out of his car and survey the damages. He looks at his twisted car and says, "My goodness, I am really lucky to be alive!"
Likewise, the Englishman scrambles out of his car and looks at his wreckage. He too says to himself, "I can't believe I survived this wreck!"
The Englishman walks over to the Irishman and says, "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of questioning who’s to blame for this wreck !”
The Irishman thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. Now I'm gonna see what else survived the wreck."
So, the Irishman pops open his trunk and finds a full-unopened bottle of Paddy Powers Irish Whiskey. He says to the English fella, "I think this is another sign from God that we toast to our new found understanding and friendship."
The Englishman says, "You're absolutely right!" and he grabs the bottle and starts sucking down the Irish Whiskey. After putting away nearly half the bottle, the Englishman hands it back to the Irish fellow and says, "Your turn!"
The Irish fellow twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "Nahh, I think I'll wait for the cops to show up."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment