Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lincoln quotes

As the movie "Lincoln" just received 12 Oscar nominations, I thought of sharing with you today just three quotes from this great President who never hesitated to mention God and the Almighty in many of his speeches. That is one reason he will always be considered as one of the greatest Presidents of the USA.

“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.”

“Intelligence, patriotism, Christianity, and a firm reliance on Him, who has never yet forsaken this favored land, are still competent to adjust, in the best way, all our present difficulty.” (Inaugural address)

“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment